I am in a meeting at the beginning of class today. Until I arrive, please work on the following:
1. In your packets for U8D4, complete activities 34 - 36 to practice the vocabulary in preparation for the quiz tomorrow.
2. To practice the structures with "se" complete activities 38-39 in the packet.
3. We are going to add some more animals to the vocabulary. Practice the names of the animals on quizlet. You are expected to practice three different activities.
4. We just finished reading Casi se muere. Now you have the opportunity to choose a book that you want to read. In the book rack at the side and the back of the room there are a number of books. Select one of the books that does not have a post it note on the front of it. Start reading the book. Note that there are glossaries in the back of most of the books to help you understand it. Work on understanding the book - you don't have to understand every word, but just get the gist of the activity. This is not an optional activity. You are expected to spend around ten minutes reading. You may select an edition of Ahora, the magazine in front of the book rack under the map of Spain.
5. If I am not back in the room yet, please complete the listening activities for U8D2 in the online text. Go to Santillana on Canvas, then select U8 and under that U8.SLW D4 Escucho español. You are required to complete activities 29-30.
6. Then, with a partner in the online text, complete 31 in the online text section entitled U8.SLW D4 Hablo español. This is an oral practice; you do not have to record your voices, but take turns to talk about what one can do and can't do in the areas depicted. based on the signs and pictures.