You may listen to music as you complete these tasks. Please complete all on paper unless otherwise indicated.
During the speaking map assessment, please complete the following:
1. Record the new vocabulary on a vocabulary sheet.
2. Practice the new vocabulary on Quizlet for at least seven minutes. You are required to practice in three different ways.
3. Complete activity 5 in the new packet to practice the vocabulary. Then create a short narration on paper using at least eight of the vocabulary words. Please double space; I will be collecting these.
4. Read 428 in the text to learn more about the use of "porque" and "por". In the text complete activities 14-16.
5. In the book, read p. 410, a short story. Complete activities 82-84 on p. 411.
Note that you can use the online version of the textbook to complete the assignments. Simply select "Smartbook" for Unit 7. Scroll down to the "Para terminar" section at the bottom of the initial page for the Unit. Then select "Lectura".
6. Through reading Casi se muere, you have learned some things about Chile. Browse through the book and/or the questions about the book and make a list of 10 different things you have learned about Chile through the book. Chapters 6 and 2 should be of particular interest.
7. Read p.462 - 463 to learn more about Chile. Complete activity 87, the add five more things that you learned about Chile to your list. Add information related to culture, not geography.
Note that you can use the online version of the textbook to complete the assignments. Simply select "Smartbook" for unit 8. Scroll to the bottom of the main page for the Unit, then, in the section entitled "Para terminar" select "Mapa cultural".
8. If you are not done reading chapter 7 of Casi se muere complete it and the questions on Canvas.
Note that you can use the online version of the textbook to complete the assignments. Simply select "Smartbook".